Feb 29, 2008

February 29, 2008- Georgetown, DE

I find it extremely backward that this event is still males only...don't they
realize that women love oysters too?

Take me for instance, Oyster Girl, I blog about oyster dinners!

I think I should be invited and crowned as Oyster Queen.

If I want to participate I have to eat shrimp instead (see Ladies Only Shrimp Feast below).

We all know shrimp is good but they are not oysters!


Georgetown Oyster Eat. Between 800 and 1,000 men are expected to gather for the annual eating of steamed and raw oysters at the Georgetown Fire Hall, 100 S. Bedford St. 856-7700. $20 in advance, $22 at the door.

Ladies Only Shrimp Feast 7 p.m. Women gather to eat shrimp, egg salad and ham sandwiches at Lewes Fire Company station, Janice Road, Nassau. $20 in advance. 645-6556


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home